An organized group of riders supported by Tailwind Nutrition pace riders who assist group on staying on pace to beat the Durango Silverton Train to Silverton. The Train on average takes 3 hours and 30 minutes from Durango to Silverton. Riders who join the Tailwind Beat the Train Challenge group will be provided as part of their registration:
- Citizens Tour entry ($99 value)
- Front Corral start location for Tour start
- “Beat the Train” Challenge Bib number
- Dedicated pace riders for the group to assist with setting tempo to achieve completing the route in 3hrs and 30 mins.
- Training and nutrition tips to help achieve fitness goals for the challenge over course of late winter/spring
- Commemorative finisher gift
- You will receive finish gift and a beer ticket to celebrate your ride!
May 26, 2018 8:00 A.M.
College Ave and Camino Del Rio, Durango, CO.
Registration Fee: $120 (field limit 500riders) Price increases to $129 on 1/1/18.
Return Transportation: Riders who need return transportation from Silverton can purchase a bus or train return trip. Return Transportation tickets can be purchased during online registration.
For those who register by April 18, 2018 from outside of Durango, packets and bib numbers will be shipped by May 10, 2018 to participants mailing address. Otherwise they will can be picked up at final packet pickup.
Final packet pickup will be Friday May 25 3pm to 7pm at Buckley Park, Main and 13th Street. Durango Co
Bikes are also transported. Bike pickup is 3-7pm at Durango High School. Main and 25th Street, Durango Co. Charge is $40, and space is limited. Riders are not allowed to ride back from Silverton.
*** $10 of entry fee is donated to Mercy Health Foundation and other Community Organizations.
All riders must be past Coal Bank Pass Summit by 12:40 PM and Molas Pass by 1:20 PM. Riders not past those points will be transported by bus to Silverton, and their bikes will be trucked. Roads open to vehicles at 1:30pm and all riders must be clear of the road at that time. Participants are not allowed to ride back to Durango - Please arrange transportation.
If the event is cancelled due to weather there will be no registration reimbursement, rollover, or event postponement.